Bursaries and scholarships
Students enrolled at ACBT can apply for Bursaries and Scholarships which offer reductions in semester fees, for students who fall into the below mentioned categories. These beneficial schemes are not awarded automatically, and the student must apply for these bursaries and scholarships in order to be eligible for the specific benefits. Standard Conditions apply.
Family members of currently enrolled students are eligible to apply for a bursary of 5% of their unit fees for one semester only.
If a student claims he or she has a family member studying at ACBT, The following will be considered;
The student is a current student of ACBT
The student does not have any outstanding fees or payments
Government forces bursary
Family members of the government forces will be eligible for a bursary of 5% of their unit fees for one semester only. Example (police officers, army officers, air force and navy officers).
Government officials' bursary
Family members of Government officials will be eligible for a bursary of 5% of their unit fees for one semester only.
Captain of sports scholarship
Individuals who have been appointed as captains of a sport will be eligible for a scholarship of 10% of their unit fees up to advanced diploma and 5% from the bachelor's degree.
National level achievers scholarship
Individuals who have achieved educational or civil awards/merits at national level will be eligible for a scholarship of 10% of their unit fees up to advanced diploma and 5% from the bachelor's degree.
Academically accomplished individuals
Individuals who have accomplished educational accolades will be eligible for a scholarship of 10% of their unit fees up to advanced diploma and 5% from the bachelor's degree (Example: 10As in O/L's and 3 As in A/L's).
Best performer at ACBT
The best performer on each program in every semester will be eligible for a bursary of 5% of their unit fees on the following semester only.
Navitas academic merit scholarships
The Navitas Academic Merit Scholarship is awarded each semester to the most outstanding results from two students across all programs at a Navitas Pathway College or Managed Campus.
The scholarships are one academic semester or part thereof (equivalent to the maximum of up to five academic subjects) for a Navitas Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree (Australia), UTP Stage II or Associate Degree (Canada), UPP or IUTP (USA) or Undergraduate pathway program (UK) at a Navitas college or one academic semester of foundation or undergraduate study at La Trobe University Sydney Campus, Curtin University Sydney, Curtin Singapore or Macquarie City Campus or one academic semester of a Master's program at Curtin University Sydney, Curtin Singapore or Macquarie City Campus.
Any additional costs, including travel or material such as books or equipment required as part of program will be recipient's responsibility. For programs that articulate directly into a university degree program, the scholarship will cover only the Navitas member institute components of the program for the semester.
- Be continuing (current) student, enrolled and studying towards a Navitas Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree (Australia), UTP Stage II or Associate Degree (Canada), UPP or IUTP (USA), Undergraduate pathway program (UK), University Foundation or Bachelor Degree program (Australia) or Master's programs (Australia);
- Be currently studying full-time;
- Have achieved competencies in all courses across their current program (for which the scholarship is applied for) in the semester prior to being eligible for the scholarship;
- Not have any outstanding fees on their student account;
- Not have previously received a Navitas scholarship or bursary, or had a scholarship or bursary from Navitas withdrawn.
- The scholarship applies to the second semester of enrolment only or the final semester of study for an undergraduate/postgraduate program. Students are liable to pay for any additional courses / subjects undertaken.
- Successful recipients will not receive any money from the Navitas member institution. The value of the scholarship will be recorded on the student's account during their second semester of study or their final semester of study for an undergraduate/postgraduate program.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress through their second semester of study or final semester of study for undergraduate/postgraduate programs to retain their scholarship.
- Scholarships are not transferable to other students or Navitas member institutes in any circumstances.
- Navitas member institutions reserves the right not to award all or some of the scholarships in a given year.
- Scholarships cannot be backdated.
Two scholarships are awarded each semester.
Selection will be based on:
- Academic results (GPA) from their previous semester of study. Should two students have identical academic results, the scholarship panel will refer back to marks awarded within each subjects/course to ascertain the scholarship recipient.
- Additional factors such as educational disadvantage, member of specific equity group and/or significantly adverse personal circumstances may be taken into account where the scholarship panel must differentiate between equally qualified applicants.
- Outcome of scheduled interview (if required)
Notification of results
The scholarship panel from each Navitas member institution will announce the recipients of the Navitas academic merit scholarship upon the completion of each semester and the release of the results. The recipients will be notified by mail and the successful students posted on the college/campus website.
Navitas member institutions
The Navitas scholarship is offered to students studying at BCUIC, Curtin College, Curtin University Sydney, Curtin Singapore, CRIC, EIBT, EIC, Eynesbury, FIC, HIC, ICM, ICP, ICRGU, ICWS, La Trobe University Sydney Campus, La Trobe Melbourne, LBIC, Macquarie City Campus, MIBT, MIBT Indonesia, PUIC, PIBT, QIBT, SAIBT, SIBT, Navitas at FAU, Navitas at UMass Boston, Navitas at UMass Dartmouth, Navitas at UMass Lowell, Navitas at WKU and Navitas at UNH only.
Students are not required to apply for the scholarship as it is awarded based on academic performance and ALL students are eligible.
All terms and conditions are correct as at 2 July 2014 and subject to change without notice or at the discretion of the Navitas member institute or Navitas Ltd.