Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Science ) Yr2
The Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Science) Provides the knowledge, skills and attributes required to prepare graduates for the field of biomedical science and medical research.
The course covers the theory, practical experience and knowledge necessary for graduates to gain employment in the biomedical professions.
Included in the course are studies in physiology, microbiology, immunology, genetics and biomedical ethics. Graduates can continue on to specialise in one of these laboratory disciplines: medical microbiology, clinical chemistry, transfusion science, haematology, histopathology, cytology, virology, immunology or medicine.
Completion of this program leads into the third and final year of ECU’s Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Science) degree
|Year||Sri Lankan Students|
LKR 110,000/- per unit
On Campus face to face at ACBT for 12 weeks
Full Time/Part Time. If you're enrolled in 3 or more units in a semester this is considered full-time study. Part-time students are enrolled in 1 or 2 units maximum per semester. You can generally expect it to take twice as long to complete.
Three intakes per year in March, June and October
Contact us for application information and dates
Course of Study:
Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Science) Yr2
- SCH1111 : Fundamental Biomedical Techniques
- SCH2235 : Applied Microbiology
- SCH1132 : Human Evolution and Ecology
- SCH1133 : Human Genetics
- SCH3145 : Biomedical Ethics
- HST3501 : Health Research Project
- MMS2103 : Clinical Biochemistry
- SCH1104 : Introduction to Pathophysiology
Entry into 3rd year of
- On completion of this course, students will progress into the third and final year of the ECU Bachelor of Science (Biomedical Science) at ACBT.